Saturday, June 2, 2007

what to say about today

today was unappreciate me day,
in case you didn't hear,
and mine was no exception.

i even played
against myself
for a minute.
i smashed my body several times
into the pavement
as i and my skateboard
rolled (or flew)
oer.

people argued with,
swore at,
ignored,
with blatent disregard
for who i am.

i put up with it
walked out with honor.
but i feel like crying now.

to top it off,
i am still playing,
on the morrow mind you,
against myself.

i just found
a lovely pack
of smokes, i
didn't do it
consciously,
in my pocket.

and i can't even dance
for i had sprained a very
important body part...
my ankle.

so what do i say
about this day...
first reaction says
fuck today.
but my higher self
responds with
a simple question:

what have you learned?

and as i sit here
typing for all to see
my frustrations for this
day gone past
i hear my roomies talking.

talking me up
helping me remember
and honor who i am,
what i stand for,
and what i've done.

my tears become joyful.

No comments: